Thursday, October 14, 2010

Playing ...

“When I play with my cat, who knows whether she is not amusing herself with me more than I with her.” Michel deMontaigne quotes (French Philosopher and Writer. 1533-1592)

My "Mamawhatlovesus" plays, not enough however. She thinks it's great fun to wiggle the feather for me to pounce on, or to throw 'Bastian's mousies across the room for him to chase.  We let her thing that this is playing with us, but in all truth, it is US who are playing with HER.  We feel it is our responsibility as housecats to be sure that our mamawhatlovesus gets some exercise every day.  Human beans just do not take proper care of themselves.  By engaging her in play, we are assured that she gets SOME cardiovascular benefit from activity.  We have not managed to cajole or coerce our daddywhodoesn'tparticularlylikepets to exercise. He is, therefore, more sickly than she is.  She has a dear friend who had a kitty, but now has none. He comes up with excuse after excuse to avoid getting another, but she will not deter in her campaign to enrich his life with another kitty.  

Today mama quilted in the living room. She stretched her quilt on a weird looking thing she called a frame, and then made machine noises as she quilted it.  I hopped up on it to supervise, but alas she did not want me there. Something about quilting my paws ... 

It is cold and wet tonight. It will definitely be a "two cat" night ... as we snuggle with her for warms ... we will share our B.T.Us with her. 

No comments: