Sunday, October 3, 2010

purrs from the pines ...

Cats are intended to teach us that not everything in nature has a function.
-- Garrison Keillor

Mama participated in a craft show yesterday, hoping to sell quilts. That is, this was the excuse she gave ME for being gone all day. But the truth of the matter is, she came home smelling of OTHER CATS! This is not acceptable to 'Bastian and me. The Humane Society, she says, had kitties and woofies there to get them 'dopted out. Humpf. For once I was glad that Daddy said NO MORE CATS!

The bushy tails are really busy now, collecting things to hide for the winter months. They don't have to worry too much in our yard, as Mama feeds everything that shows up at the door, even CHIPMUNKS, which I would much rather catch myself. I am not sure what function chipmunks have when they're OUTSIDE and I cannot catch any.

Misty, off to catch a nap ...

No comments: